August 19th, 2018 - Why We Sing
1. The Holy Spirit is proof that God has been moving closer to us throughout history. How do we see this truth in the Trinity?
2. Read Ephesians 5:18-20.
3. In this section of scripture, Paul is talking about walking in the power of the Spirit. Why does he address not being drunk on much wine?
4. Mike told some stories on Sunday of some memorable worship experiences in his life. What are some times that stand out in your own life?
5. When we sing together we are filled with the Spirit. Do you believe that it is just as beneficially for each other as it is for you individually?
6. Do you find yourself prone to wander or quick to forget who God is and what He has done for you? If so, what can you place in your life to act as an Ebenezer (reminder) of what God has done for you?
7. If we are to Sing out of Thankfulness. We must first begin to notice things in our lives that we should be thankful for. Take some time to help remind each other of the blessings in our lives.
8. End in a time of worship. Through songs and prayer.
Come Thou Fount
Build My Life – Passion
Singing in the Victory – Austin Stone Worship
Jesus Is Better – Austin Stone Worship